Full-Time, 90-Day Contract-to-Hire Our team is looking for a Project Manager who is a/an: Ultimate …
If five years ago I told you I could market your business with a video ad or promotional film in a newspaper or magazine, would you have done it? Never mind the fact that it’s completely insane/impossible; if the ability were there, would you have rolled the dice?
I ask this question because now you *kinda* can; data from Statistica shows hand held media consumption is on the rise. In 2011, both tablet and mobile internet consumption surpassed newspaper and magazine consumption. Next, in 2013, tablet and mobile internet media consumption blew by radio consumption. In three short years, tablet and mobile internet media consumption had overtaken media systems that had been in place for generations. In America, the top four mediums for media consumption are as follows: TV wins by a long shot, then tablet internet, desktop internet, and mobile internet (in that order but quite near each other).
The top four mediums for media consumption in America all have at least two things in common, possibly three; they all have screens and speakers, and if you count smart TVs, they all potentially access the Internet. With audiences spending more time on internet devices, it’s important to cater to those devices utilizing all these built-in benefits; common sense says you do this through video marketing. Businesses now have the power to place video ads directly into the pockets of their target audiences.
Videography is our favorite artistic medium at Serif. The beauty of videography is that it combines so many different art forms (probably more than any other medium) into one: storytelling, music, design, visual and performance arts, etc. Through this medium, your customers are able to experience your business/brand in a way that a flashy website or well written about page just can’t match. They can see your space, hear your voice, and learn about your product; video allows you to cultivate an emotional connection with your customers, which can give you quite the edge in a crowded market.
So we have this ability to reach audiences with video marketing like never before, but is there any evidence to prove that it works? If you are still on the fence, David Murdico of Supercool Creative Agency has some statistics and facts that might further convince you. Here they are:
1. People are constantly watching online videos, i.e. they will be more likely to watch a video on your website than not: 78% of people watch one video per week, 55% of people watch at least one everyday.
2. It’s the “next big thing.” Currently, 81% of senior marketing executives are featuring online videos in marketing campaigns, up 11% since 2011.
3. It improves search results. Video results appeared in nearly 70% of the top 100 search listings on Google in 2012. Google knows people want to watch videos, so a page with video is more likely to show up in the top results.
4. It’s sharable. 500 years worth of youtube videos are shared on facebook daily. 700 videos are shared on twitter per minute.
5. It’s the way of the future and levels the playing field. Online video production will account for more than 1/3 of advertising budgets over the next 5 years.
6. Video entertains, educates, and inspires. More than 60% of consumers will spend at least 2 mins watching a video that educates them about a product they plan to purchase.
7. Consumers are able to interact/experience with your brand in a way that text just can’t do.
8. You can measure the success of video. Count views, count likes, read comments, track shares, etc.
9. Once you have the video, you have it forever. It stays on your site and you don’t have to pay for it to be aired every day on television. People can replay it. It will bring in customers for years with a one time fee. Each new customer makes the video more cost effective over time.
10. People are 34% more likely to buy a product via the internet after watching a video ad versus 16% watching a TV ad.
11. Video Sells. Consumers who viewed video were 174% more likely to purchase than consumers who did not. Video connects consumers and builds brand loyalty almost instantaneously. If your competitors do not have video, you are already ahead.
12. You can take it with you. Online videos account for 50% of all mobile traffic.
We believe that promotional videography is the most underestimated marketing tool at most businesses. Contact us today and let us explain what we can do for you to take full advantage of this amazing emotion-evoking medium.